Today I ran 2 minutes at 4.5 and walked 1 minutes at 3.4. for a total of 30 minutes. Total 2.63. I love how the treadmill congratulates you when you finish your work out!
I really felt like I could run faster, harder and longer. I really want to take it slow though, slow and steady. Right??? I really don't need to start officially training for the half until the very end of May. My goal is to have a strong base of 3 miles by the end of May. I'm still working on figuring out the final training schedule. I have 3 different training plans I'm deciding between. I promise to share the one I choose as soon as I know what one I'm picking ;)
I had bananas going bad tonight and desperately needed to make some fresh yummy banana bread. The problem is normal banana bread isn't super healthy coming in at 274 Calories and 11g of Fat. So I did a little research and came up with a yummy Whole Wheat Banana Bread coming in at only 135 calories and 1.22g fat.
Here is the recipe-
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, beat oil and honey together. Add eggs, and mix well. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt. Add baking soda to hot water, stir to mix, and then add to batter. Spread batter into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 1/2 hour before slicing.
I hope you all give it a try, I grind my own wheat and love having fresh whole grain wheat on hand. I thought it was a yummy tasty treat :)
Today I consumed 1308 calories. My run burned 328 calories.