Getting enough of this?
There are plenty of nights that I feel like I don't get enough sleep. I find I am over tired at bedtime or my mind is over racing of the things to do tomorrow. Which is super annoying because I can't do anything about what needs to be done tomorrow, while it's midnight!
A few tips to a better nights sleep.
- Journal or make lists before bed, it takes your mind off of what needs to be done. It also helps you remember them the next day.
- Sleep with a fan on or a sound maker for white noise. I sleep with my ceiling fan on high every night. If I don't have it on I can't fall asleep. It totally helps me!
- Keep the temperature of your room 70 degrees.
- Try and keep your bedtime the same time every night. Your body will know bedtime is coming and start preparing to relax. I am pretty good at this one, I try and be in bed by 11:00-11:30 pm.
- Keep your cell phone away from your bed. This way you are not tempted to check just 1 more email, or read that text message that you just heard be delivered.
- Keep laptops, work and TV's our of bedrooms. Beds are for sleeping, and relaxing.
- Take a hot bath or shower before bed. This helps your body relax and be able to fall asleep. This is one I really would like to do but I always take WAY to hot of showers and then I am overheated and can't fall asleep.
- Make a bedtime routine. Wash your face, brush your teeth, pj's whatever your routine is. This way your body will recognize that bedtime is coming.
Why is sleep so important?
Sleeping is just as important to our health as is eating well and getting exercise. It is damaging to our health and bodies to overworked and not get enough rest. While we are sleeping our bodies repair, strengthen, recover from the daily workouts and stresses in our lives.
I find on nights that I get a good nights sleep, I preform better the next day. I am stronger in my workouts, nicer to my kids and husband, and just less irritable.
What are your bedtime tricks?
How many hours of sleep do you get?
How many hours would you like to get?